Hon. Joseph Van Jura (Ret.)
Neutral, Mediator and Arbitrator with ADR Options since 2012
Judge Joseph Van Jura (Ret.) has a combined 48 years of Civil Trial Practice, Mediation, Arbitration and Judicial Trial experience. He was involved in a number of high profile cases, both Civil and Criminal, and has published a number of widely read opinions in numerous areas of law. He is a respected presenter in CLE Programs on the law, ethics and practical issues in Mediation and Arbitration.
Judge Van Jura is available for Mediations and Arbitrations to resolve matters, in the following areas of law:Complex Business/Commercial DisputesConstruction DisputesProfessional Liability including Medical Negligence ActionsPersonal Injury and Property Damage ClaimsContract and Insurance ClaimsEmployment Law DisputesProducts Liability ActionsFamily Law, Divorce and Custody Mediations
- Practiced law in Luzerne County for 38 years with an emphasis on: Personal Injury, Insurance Law, Contracts, Commercial Real Estate and Municipal Law.
- Started his career in the District Attorney’s office where he honed his trial skills. He has also represented a number of School Districts, Municipal Entities and various Zoning Boards.
- Judge Van Jura was on the Court of Common Pleas from March 19, 2010 until January 3, 2012. Judge Van Jura was involved in a number of high profile cases, both civil and criminal, and also published a number of widely read opinions in numerous areas of the law.
- He has settled hundreds of civil cases since 2010. He has has continued his record of settling cases through arbitration and mediation with ADR Options.
- Judge Van Jura is a graduate of King’s College and he received his Law Degree from the University of Notre Dame School of Law. He also was a graduate of the Faculty of Laws of the University of London, England with a certificate in English and American Law.